part-time shipping & inventory assistant
gentle thrills studio
120 e 8th street in downtown los angeles
founded in 2016 by artist isa beniston, gentle thrills is an artist-born brand bringing something fresh and funny to the capitalist retail landscape! this brand is a one, sometimes two-woman show interested in continuing the ~important~ work of showing it is in fact possible to MAKE MONEY WITH AN ART DEGREE AS A WOMAN while simultaneously providing every kind of person (and sometimes dog) with a tee, sticker, accessory, drawing, etc. that brings them joy and/or confidence. if these are things that make you say “hell yes!” (and you fit the requirements for the position) then please considering applying to work with me in exchange for money and valuable experience!
- in person: mondays, wednesdays as needed (tbd by me), and fridays
- at least 2 hours per day, sometimes more as needed
you'll also be required to check the firstname.lastname@example.org account remotely on a daily basis at least once per day
- $15 per hour during the hours you work in the studio
- weekly stipend to cover transportation or parking if necessary
your core tasks:
- pack and fulfill online and wholesale orders using shopify and shipstation
- rarely, this may involve physically producing merchandise, like making 50 pinback buttons with a buttonmaker or glueing wiggle eyes onto things, but this is unusual and i am actively working to have all our product produced outside of the studio or with the help of the current studio assistant!
- pack client orders for in-person pickup & run them downstairs as needed
- coordinate and fulfill exchanges and returns
- take inventory once a week & update shopify to reflect the current inventory
- add new products to shopify
- keep products, collections, and tags organized and updated on shopify
respond to e-mails received at the email@example.com account, forwarding them to me as necessary
- schedule USPS pickups
- re-order shipping supplies when they run low
- keep me updated on which products are running low and could be restocked
- laptop to access shopify/shipstation and connect to label printer
proficiency at sending thorough, professional, and friendly e-mails. at gentle thrills, we abide by the tenet that the customer is the priority! we are here to serve and make people happy!!! :-) :-) :-)
- quick learner with new apps and software (shopify, shipstation, printer drivers, mostly) if you aren’t already familiar with these programs
- love of efficiency and a desire to find ~ergonomic~ solutions
- flexibility to play wednesdays by ear depending on the volume of orders we’ve received
gentle thrills has experienced a lot of growth since i started it in 2016, but it’s still a small company and the volume of orders we receive fluctuates greatly from week to week depending on if we’re having a sale, have done a product launch, or an instagram story sale. there may be weeks where there’s very little do in the way of order fulfillment and weeks where you have 100+ orders to pack! this position is likely best for someone who is comfortable with part-time work and has a financial situation and the flexibility of schedule to make time for this job!
interested in applying?
if you would like to apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “SHIPPING & INVENTORY ASSISTANT POSITION” no later than march 10th at 11:59 p.m. we will get back to you march 18th to schedule an interview if you seem like a good fit!
we will not discriminate against any job applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, or gender identity/expression